(224 pages, paperback, ISBN 0908228082)
This book is written to introduce readers to Permaculture concepts and design strategies.
- energy efficient site analysis
- planning and design methods
- house placement
- design for temperate, dry-land and tropical regions
- urban Permaculture garden layouts
- land access and community funding systems
- chicken and pig forage systems
- orchards and home wood lots
- how to influence micro-climate
- and a large section on selected plant species with climatic tolerances, heights and uses
The book is abundantly illustrated with detailed diagrams and line drawings throughout, and includes a listing of useful Permaculture plants with descriptions and uses, and a further species list in useful categories.
The book is set out as a step-by-step introduction to Permaculture with detailed instructions. Using simple language it describes the range of Permaculture for general consumption. Very little content of Mollison’s other books are found within Introduction to Permaculture.
Currently the Permaculture Research Institute does not stock this product