You'll never eat another processed food again

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by Mike_E_from_NZ, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Mike_E_from_NZ

Mike_E_from_NZ Junior Member

I've just visited northern NSW in Australia and happened upon Tropical Fruit World. 200 acres of 516 different varieties of tropical and sub tropical fruit. Apparently the largest selection of tropical fruit trees in any one place in the world.

We tried some of the raw fruit that were in season and I was simply amazed at some of the textures and tastes. One that tasted like chocolate icecream, another like pineapple and banana chewing gum. Another that stunned the sour receptors on my tongue. Sucking on a fresh lime after that was a wonderful experience!! There would be no reason to ever buy a processed food ever again if you had a selection like this.

If any of you in the area haven't visited, I'd recommend it. There are 516 ideas for your food forest there. And the resident botanist has written a book that has a list of many of the exotic subtropical fruits that should grow in northen NSW (and other warm areas).

https://www.tropicalfruitworld.com.au/

Mike

2. Mike_E_from_NZ

Mike_E_from_NZ Junior Member

3. psychochook

psychochook Junior Member

Hi Mike,

My wife and I went to Tropical Fruit World when on our honeymoon. Thoroughly enjoyed it. We went on the tractor ride around all the different fruit trees etc. Very interesting, and entertaining (with the driver being very hyperactive and "a bit left of center".

FYI, the fruit that stunned your sour taste buds is known as the Miracle Fruit. Unfortunately when we were there we were unable to try it. I was a bit disappointed by that, but they were not ripe so what can you do?

4. Ryan

Ryan Junior Member

Fruit and Spice Park

Although I have yet to go, I have friends who have been to something similar near Miami Florida USA, called the Fruit and Spice Park. Thirty acres with over 500 species of tropical and subtropicals from around the world. The website is https://www.fruitandspicepark.org/ I plan to go next time I go visit my sister.