Seen Ernie Dingo lately?

Discussion in 'News from around the damp planet' started by helenlee, Mar 2, 2014.

1. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Robyn just posted this on fb & I thought I'd share it seeing as dingos are one of my dearest passions : )

https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/bushtelegraph/dingoes/5269382

I had many a deep conversation with Lyn Watson years ago (awesome woman) & I wanted to set this place up to breed dingoes when I came here. But without anywhere to release them it would have been just adding more "pets" to an overburdened planet : /

My favourite dingo joke:

"Ya seen Ernie Dingo lately?"

"Nah ... but there's a lot of wallabies a bit further down the track."

: ) : ) : )

2. Rick Larson

Rick Larson Junior Member

I would tend to believe that dingos are smart.

3. mouseinthehouse

mouseinthehouse Junior Member

When we did our huge road trip last year we went to Uluru. I spent two or three nights there and was ready to leave after 2 hours (yeah I know it is supposed to be amazing...and it was....for an hour or so). The biggest thrill was as we drove out we spotted a solitary dingo trotting down the road. We got a good look at him for several minutes before he meandered off into the bush. It was the highlight of the entire three days. :)

4. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Dingoes are incredibly intelligent. The woman who wrote the article has (or had - I haven't watched them for years - I guess they're still there) some great videos on youtube depicting just how smart they are.

An old bloke who gave evidence at the Azaria Chamberlain inquest (I can't remember his name - apologies to him) also gave some incredible examples of things he had witnessed that demonstrated their amazing reasoning skills.

They are just beautiful, amazing animals & I've always had a real "thing" about them.

5. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Go to Fraser Island. You'll be highlighted out of your mind : ) : )

6. Rick Larson

Rick Larson Junior Member

That all came from natural selection of carving a living out of the desert, I would guess. I'll check out the youtube dingo channel!