Seeking Volunteers and Investors for new Permaculture project in Leon Nicaragua

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by Scott H, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Scott H

Scott H New Member

Climate:
    Tropical
    Hello, my name is Scott Harmon. I took the PDC two years ago. I'm from the US but I've been living down here in beautiful Leon Nicaragua on and off for the last 3 years. I am looking to buy an already cultivated 1 acre piece of land. I'm about to put the $1000 down payment on it but it costs $10,000 in total. The owner said I can pay at least $500 a month until it's mine. I have a team of Nicaraguan friends who are involved with me on the project but right now I am the only one that knows about permaculture. The land will hopefully be a functional farm and a school as well for the local people and for tourists. Our other goals in the project are to help people start their own businesses. These would be people that we trust and work with for awhile. I can maybe see us opening an eco-lodge there someday. Since this project is almost at the start I would like to find volunteers, investors or any kind of help. The land already has just about every type of fruit tree growing as well as many perennial vegetables. There's a mix of shady areas and open sunny areas. If you don't speak Spanish, don't worry we've got people who can offer you classes. I attached a picture of the land below but sorry it's not the best quality. If you have any questions or interest don't hesitate to get in touch with me.
    20170901_174337.jpg 20170830_170501.jpg 20170830_165931.jpg 20170830_170441.jpg

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017