Re-Designing Refugee Communities, Settlement Design, Large Community Site Design

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by Marcus Busby, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Marcus Busby

Marcus Busby Junior Member

Designer Builder
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Temperate
    SOURCE: http://lemontreetrust.org/what-we-do/

[​IMG]
    What we do:
    We pilot innovative approaches to greening refugee camps and communities by building capacity, monitoring effectiveness, disseminating good practice and sharing knowledge. We aim to stimulate research, influence policy and advocate for the importance of gardens in forced displacement.

In all our work we seek to plan with, not for, communities and employ refugees and IPDs as facilitators and managers. We work closely with local partners, handing over responsibilities as soon as possible to those who can take it forward. We have been instrumental in developing and supporting a range of local agricultural activities which operate as businesses in their own right.

About us:
    The Lemon Tree Trust (LTT) is a not-for-profit organization registered in the United Kingdom, active since 2014 in supporting capacity building, development, and advocacy for greening innovation and urban agriculture within contexts of forced migration. In short, this means we work on ground in crisis situations such a s refugee camps developing primary food production to aid food security. We are the international arm and affiliate to the U.S. based organization, Citizen D, which is a 501(c)(3) non-profit based in Dallas, Texas. Citizen Driven has been developing projects centered on urban agriculture in the Dallas area, amongst marginalized communities such as resettled refugees.

At Lemon Tree Trust, we believe that urban agriculture—the tangible manifestation of ecology, greening and cultivation—creates new and unrealized value to achieve dignity, empowerment and sovereignty for those living in under-resourced communities, such as refugee camps.

Our Mission:
    • To mainstream urban agriculture and greening innovation at the point of crisis for forced migrants
    • To encourage the development of urban agriculture within refugee camps through gardening and farming
    • To offer environmentally sound options for economic development and livelihood strategies within the camps
    • To help make findings around agricultural solutions in forced displacement available to all stakeholders
    [​IMG]

9anda1f likes this.
  2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Hi Marcus, are you working with LTT?

Marcus Busby likes this.
  3. Marcus Busby

Designer Builder
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Temperate
    Hi Bill,

No, just posting links to their tremendous work!

I'm happy to send a CV or meet up/video call to an organisation regarding prospective involvement in projects. At this stage I am working in UK as a designer/builder. My website is circlesdesign.co.uk.

With best regards

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  4. kareje

kareje New Member

We work for the earth/space, a US non profit.
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Pacific northwest..
    Thank you for this information, i will study it.
    Yes we are thinking of a teleconference in about a month, once we get organized and would like you/others to take part if interested in what we doing. I'm sorry i don't know this platform and i tried to share just one thought and i see many.

Please see my Information and take part now w/comment;

This is for you, that cares about life to continue, peace, temperature rise, efficiency to restore..

`i come to talk story...
    Happy `Super Moon!

Thank you all for what you do!
    I appreciate your sensitivity, skills and heartfelt sharing...

Please reflect w/a lenghty read and comment, share and correct if i wrong, over some serious issues globally that face us all. For many of you are centered and grounded, where we've been working too hard to get our objective shared. Mostly w/technical crap, but for now good enough for you to get our point. We will keep updating.

Please share this along your walkabout for you and realize the seriousness of time sensitive material for many;

Shifting together, so all co_evolve in harmony, sharing earth/space in peace! 11.30.17

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10T4BJYmCXIKqSnarm9uIk-cZbmn8QyTeiNuq8cPdB8s/edit?usp=sharing

If want to come direct email me kara; [email protected]

We are restrucuturing our platform and appreciate your input./support and donations.. Check back and stay updated on this document or here, where we recently started our US non profit, i come to talk story page also w/this link of Google Drive live documents for all to interact and help us reach out. We yet to be paid for any work and now being clear would appreciate it, to get it done and share for pathces to talk w/pockets without;

https://www.facebook.com/patchestalk/

Peace is an option for all w/your support!

Sincerly, kara j lincoln
    `i come to talk story

5. Marcus Busby

Designer Builder
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Temperate

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018