Permaculture & Urban agriculture Jordan

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by Joric, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Joric

Joric New Member

Co-founder Greening the Camps
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Desert climate, Jordan
    Hi everyone!

My name is Joric, from the Netherlands, and I am currently living in Amman, Jordan. Moved here almost a year ago, and together with two friends I founded an organisation called Greening the Camps in Jordan. We just opened our first rooftop farm in Amman, and now we are in the designing stage of building our second rooftop farm in Jerash Camp, a Palestinian refugee camp that was founded in 1968. We are setting up a rooftop farm on a vocational school in the middle of the camp, where we will give workshops in the future. The next step will be building more rooftop farms on houses of Palestinian families living in the camp. I am new to the permaculture scene, just found out about this website and forum, and I'm hoping to learn loads more about permaculture, while meeting interesting people!

If interested, check out our website! Opening-Rooftop-Garden-Greening-The-Camps.jpg www.greeningthecamps.com

2. mischief

mischief Senior Member

s/e
    Climate:
    Cool mountain
    Hi Joric, welome to the forum.
    First off, I want to thank you for the work you are doing. I find it unbelievable that people have to live in refugee camps for so long-so very sad. I don't have the courage to do what you are doing and am glad somebody like you is.
    Love the picture you posted.
    Big fat hug and kiss to you and the people you are working with.

3. Joric

Joric New Member

Co-founder Greening the Camps
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Desert climate, Jordan
    Thank you very much for your kind reply! It's been very rewarding so far, wonderful to see the positive reactions and enthusiasm from people in and outside the camp. And believe me, there's not that much courage needed!
    Big fat hug and kiss back to you too