Permaculture Opportunity in Washington State

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by dogkahuna, Aug 18, 2015.

1. dogkahuna

dogkahuna Junior Member

My wife and I are looking for just the right individual or couple to share our acreage with. The land is in a wooded area of western Washington a short drive and ferry ride away from Seattle. It's on a dead-end road along with similarly sized 5 acre parcels--very peaceful, away from city lights and din. We have lovely wildlife with many birds, fruit trees, cultivated berry bushes and lots of wild berries. We have lived here 2 months after having been city-folk our entire lives, and absolutely love it!

We are mostly off-grid, with only a municipal electricity feed and DSL for internet. No cable TV, no gas, no garbage and recycling service. We are on well and septic.

We are committed to permaculture and organic gardening protocols and ideals. We have plans for annual gardens, greenhouses, aquaponics, some small livestock, solar panels and growing 'south' of our climate zone. We want to have tons of horticultural fun trying new things and there is plenty of room to experiment with.

We are looking for intelligent horticulturalists with permaculture knowledge to share this little slice of Pacific Northwest paradise with. We're not interested in selling a sub-plot, but living somewhat communally (in separate structures) and working the land together in harmony. If you have building skills, we are especially interested. We are willing to consider different 'financial' arrangements like a cash investment, rent or full-time labor or combinations thereof.

There is no guest house on the property currently. There is a 12'X12' slab foundation that can be used for a yurt, tiny house or your great idea. There are also a couple other prime Zone 1 sites on the property that we would allow a builder to build on.

If you are interested, here are some basic considerations. We are 50 and 55 years of age, though seem a decade younger in most ways. We are non-bigoted, and though we are straight and present as white, we would love diversity here and would welcome same-sex couples and any ethnicity. Of course, similarly-minded straight white couples are also encouraged to inquire further. Politically, we are very progressive. We have no children and probably won't consider candidates with children. We are nutritarians (Google it!), which is basically vegan/vegetarian. We don't use chemicals. We won't tolerate tobacco use and don't want a heavy drinker here.

Also, you must love dogs and be completely at ease around a lot of them. We run a dog services business and we have dogs around all the time. They are all friendly--we don't work with aggressive dogs.

So, please pose questions and leave an email address if you are interested. I see this as a wonderful opportunity for someone who doesn't have the funds for buying property, but would like to live as though they did.

Cheers!

Jareth Zelmer and Ramasamy R like this.
  2. Ramasamy R

Ramasamy R New Member

Climate:
    tropical
    Interested in sharing more information. My email address is rramasamy at gmail dot com.
    regards
    Ram
    ======================

Also, you must love dogs and be completely at ease around a lot of them. We run a dog services business and we have dogs around all the time. They are all friendly--we don't work with aggressive dogs.

So, please pose questions and leave an email address if you are interested. I see this as a wonderful opportunity for someone who doesn't have the funds for buying property, but would like to live as though they did.

Cheers![/QUOTE]

3. johncitizen.org

johncitizen.org New Member

Home Page:
    Climate:
    Warm temperate
    What a beautiful part of the world! I was just over that way a couple of months ago, and oh was it hard to leave. Any success with applicants yet? Would love to hear more about what kind of arrangements those interested in such opportunities are seeking too.

4. Jareth Zelmer

Jareth Zelmer New Member

Sou chef
    Climate:
    Alpine
    Hello Dog kahuna.
    My names Jareth I'm a 26 year old, who is a nature and outdoors entusist. Your post appeals to me very much. I've been looking for a place to learn and grow while helping others. My email is Zelmej990 @ gmail.com. looking forward to hearing from you.