Looking for people to share land a little west of the great divide...

Discussion in 'Buy, sell, trade, give away & exchange' started by LT., Apr 26, 2017.

1. LT.

LT. New Member

Climate:
    Sub-tropical / temperate
    Hi all. So...here's the deal...

I have the opportunity to invest in property and I've been on the merry hunt for it for several years now, on and off, all over the planet. Two months ago I recommenced my search in Australia and after traveling all over some the countryside with my very specific check list in hand, I've decided to listen to what the psychic chick in Eumundi told me and see if there's any interest out there in pooling cash resources to invest on a grander scale....

I'm a sub-tropical / tropical permaculturist and nutritionist with interests in alternative energy collection, alternative healing methods, medicinal herbs, essential oils and inter-species communication.

Where I've been looking in Australia:
    No further south than Barrington Tops
    No further west than Stanthorpe
    No further north than Baracula State Forest
    No further East than Mt Burrell
    I particularly like the border ranges...maybe because it's close to where I grew up around Toowoomba...maybe because it's elevated but not too cold or snowy in winter.

My property checklist:
    At least 200m ASL
    At least 100k in land from the ocean
    Any land with a fresh underground water source
    Neighbours who don't spray / contaminate the environment
    From 50ac to 1500 acres
    Good amount of flat / rolling / bush / forested land.
    Spring creek or close to the source creek (and/or river) / spring dam
    Safe space from land slippage or big scale seasonal washouts.
    Safe space from floods and extreme weather (like seasonal melon sized hail)

My property 'house rules':
    No toxic chemicals EVER to be used on any kind of plant or animal deemed to be a pest.
    No toxic fertilisers EVER to be used on the soil.
    Minimal use of non-renewable resources.
    Use clever alternatives to pesticides and pharmaceuticals to deal with ticks, fleas, worms and disease.
    No television, mindless radio stations or coke.
    Cats allowed.

My wishlist:
    Sharing resources with people who can see life from outside the boxes and live in balance with it.
    Sharing a space with people who value the innate intelligence in all things and who try to be tolerant and kind and balanced.
    Living among people who have clever and interesting skills and aren't too shy to try clever and interesting things and who embrace alternative health methods as the primary solution for living healthfully...and who want to grow to live, grow to share, and are looking to find refreshing ways to create and use sustainable resources.
    Being part of a community who understands permaculture and who are willing to adopt it in virtual totality.
    To grow industrial hemp....so not to have to worry about people who may have criminal records...which would mean a very nifty venture never going ahead.
    To not have to be around people who use non-biodegradable soaps, detergents, skin care products, personal care products etc..
    Housing made from resources from the property....ie no colourbond shed-houses :) ...
    Living in temps that don't go too low for too many months of the year.
    Connecting with a community who see, research and realise the farce that civilisation has become and be willing to forgo the 'spoils' and the ''trappings' that have been disabling us collectively for eons.

So if you've read through all of this and are now thinking to yourself...'hmmm, she seems a bit out there but that's where I'd love to be', and you're all cashed up and ready and willing to commit to sharing a property with a person with a very strong moral barometer and is determined to be harmless and respectful and considerate to all sentient beings, and who insists on the same from all who enter her space'; and if you're happy to invest in a 'property that one day you can rely on to fill all of your food / shelter / medicinal / spiritual needs; or if you're an awesome person who just wants to be involved, let me know....just keep in mind that I am putting everything into this and won't risk investing with anybody who's going to potentially threaten my livelihood...nice people in stable partnerships with nice people only please! :) .....

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  2. shaoying

shaoying New Member

Climate:
    temperate monsoonal
    hi I'm very interested, and I've been thinking of the same thing, same kind of location. I want to buy and move in very soon as I don't want to be in a box anymore, so that I can live life, be in nature, to be good for my health. I don't want to spend lots of money, and I don't need a bit piece of land, I'd be happy with a small share if you are more financial. I grew up in temperate monsoonal climate, where a large range of crops (temperate and subtropical) are grown and I have knowledge on medicinal plants for food and medicine. I've lived near Toowoomba before, know that climate. i need a small house to move into. You seem to want to have a big place, don't you? I know a 3000 acres place in your desired location, no house.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  3. MarlaBS

MarlaBS New Member

Climate:
    New York City: Humid Continental, Temperate, Sub Tropical
    YES, would like to invest in a permaculture property. I will not be on-site unless it is within the US for now.
    This is a good post. I am interested in an investment property.
    Thanks