How does one converse with a denier of human-induced climate change?

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by ecodharmamark, Mar 19, 2010.

1. mischief

mischief Senior Member

s/e
    Climate:
    Cool mountain
    'put carbon back in the ground ' is all very well and good but really to be effective, how much, where,in what form charcoal or trees, what time frame are we looking at to make a difference, how much to take into account that I still need tolight my firs in winter to stay warm and eventually cook my tea?

What about on the GM side of it.
    More GM means more chemicals in soil and air means more changes to nature and structure and chemical makeup of both adding more stress to the environment adding to climate changes As well as our own genteic makeup.*puffs a breathe of air out*

So what effective action is needed?

2. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

G'day mischief

For all intents and purposes, this particular thread is now dead. However, the questions you raise are very important ones. As such, could I make the suggestion that you search the PRI Forum using the term "carbon sequestration"? Having done so, I am sure that you will have found a plethora of threads discussing the many facets of this fascinating subject.

One in particular, and which forms a minor part of my own research, is a thread that I started back in 2007:

Increase soil carbon by 1% and save the planet?

Cheerio, Markus.

3. milifestyle

milifestyle New Member

From little things, big things grow...