Hemp, Cannabis, Marijuana

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by noosphere, Apr 18, 2007.

1. zhimm

zhimm Junior Member

Re: Hemp, Cannabis, Marijuana

ho-hum,

If the potency has indeed increased, as mentioned, I believe it is due to to the increased knowlege of the nutritional/environmental needs of the plant.

As far as the courts, and irresponsible people using it, let's separate the plant from the stupid things that humans do regardless of whatever they are "on".

There is an old code of law of nature that is largely ignored now because it doesn't generate money for those that control us. That old Law is:

If I am not harming you in any tangible way with my activities, then I am not a criminal ... and leave me ALONE... and I will leave you alone.

Whether or not I am ingesting a substance that people disapprove of, if I violate the old Law mentioned, I am trespassing you , and you have a valid complaint. That is all that matters. Everything else is "distraction" put forth by "Law Enforcers", who stand to gain financially, and live off of us parasitically with their "laws".

I don't wish to appear to focus on this one plant, but it IS the theme of this thread, and I'm trying to stay on topic. I could also talk about the many benefits of mushrooms for individual health, and also for the ecological health of the planet, but that should be in another thread.

I'm not sure of the meaning of your last sentence, but I'm not for lining pockets either. I don't believe a plant that exists in nature should have any restrictions to my use whatsoever. I refuse to support any means of taxation concerning this plant (or any other) that would line anyone's pockets. If I wish to freely grow a backyard full of cannabis to use for my own purposes, who has any legitimate complaint against me... (refering to the Law of Nature, and not the Law of Controllers)?

2. MikeB

MikeB Junior Member

I work with a lot of ex military members who have suffered some pretty horredous injuries and a lot use for the pain relief factor alone. If it comes to a choice between a morphine pump and a quiet smoke a couple of times a day I guess it makes a hell of a lot of sense just to have a smoke.

3. zhimm

zhimm Junior Member

Yes Mike... it most certainly does. However the "system" isn't into common sense... only control and profit margins.

4. IntensiveGardener

IntensiveGardener Junior Member

Hi all,
    I just thought i'd finally check out the mj thread :)
    I beleive the potency has increased in the past 30 or so years and once tryed to find out why. It seems to me that its not just growing methods but also variety.
    There are 3 types of canbnibus,
    Sativa
    Indica
    and Americana which is rare.

In the past lots of our mj (and hashish etc) was imported into oz. In the 60s and 70s it was mostly imported from indo-china and the golden triangle. This strain is Sativa, a large growing plant which likes the tropics. This strain produces the stuff old hippies rave about.
    As a result of Western intervention in indo china during the vietnam war and post 1980, the production of mj in central asia to fund Mujahadeen and Taliban efforts against the russians, throughout the 80s most imports origionated in afghanistan.
    This strain is smaller growing (and stronger) than its tropican cousin. It is called Indica and was traditionally made into hash before consumption.
    The introduction of this strain caused hybrids between the two to occur in local cultivation. The indica variety is better suited to growing in small, discrete places, and is stronger so it has been generally encouraged. This has caused the THC content of cannibus in oz to increased since the hippy era.
    So after all than i blame U.S meddling in Asia for the gradual change in our collective stash.
    :)
    Also, I think mj is ok for most people. Although just as there are people who shouldn't drink i think there are people who shouldn't smoke.
    People claim that mj can cause mental health problems. I'v always found that in these cases the mental health problem was pre-existing and the mj use is a form of self medication.
    People who's intelligence and menal capability is questionable should probably stear clear of substances which can slow them down further like MJ.
    :)
    IG

5. zhimm

zhimm Junior Member

Well, what do you know.. having mentioned the rubbish "news" horror stories about MJ in a previous post:

https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080612/ap_ ... Wy_dxZ24cA

This is an example of "official" US government propaganda inserted as "news", courtesy of their lapdog media. If you will take the time to read it carefully, you will see that there is no "substance" at all to the report. It's just another "scare" story to attempt to keep the public sympathic to continued prohibition.

It is a "last gasp"... they know the tide is turning... so many people are becoming educated on the subject and see through the lies and deception.

6. JoanVL

JoanVL Junior Member

It always gets back to the damn media - usually owned by extreme right-wingers who ensure their own agenda are put forward.....after all, imagine the blow to the profits of the big breweries and distilleries etc if pot was legal!

I taught my kids to deconstruct the news, and one of them, now a high school teacher, has gone on to teach this to his pupils - they love it once they learn how to decipher the bovine excrement that is thrown at us daily.

Yes, I agree some folks shouldn't smoke pot, some should never drink alcohol, and some should never have kids. The long nose of the law wisely steers clear of the latter two, but a useful weed gets the full works. Weird.

7. zhimm

zhimm Junior Member

Joan,

I was hoping others would join in to comment on your post (so it wouldn't look like I was hogging the thread) but no one has.

Yes, the blow to the breweries and distilleries... but many times even this sort of money is the obscene, bloated, law enforcement/ prison/legal "industry" that makes untold millions of dollars off the misery of the common man by putting him through their "meat grinder". As soon as they get their "claws" on a victim of their war, it's a "win-win" all the way around for the:

(1) Police departments
    (2) Lawyers
    (3) Judges
    (4) Prison builders
    (5) Prison staffers
    (6) People that reap the benefits of cheap prison labor that the incarcerated slave for.

I could go on of course... there are many more that benefit than just those listed. So you see... billions of dollars world-wide would be lost if the "status quo" was changed... a powerful incentive to keep things just the way it is... extremely profitable.

On a brighter note:

I commend you Joan for teaching your children to think critically, and "rejoice" with your success! Next to your love, you've also given them a wonderful gift that will last a lifetime. Good for you!

8. JoanVL

JoanVL Junior Member

Thanks Zhimm - I think the pot issue is just too hard to work out for many of us. Even though I don't think a couple of plants in the garden should be a crime, I still worry about its abuse, just as I worry about alcohol abuse. But I do know that if an abuser of alcohol switched to pot, he/she would be infinitely less likely to be violent.

But - no politician dare do anything about pot prohibition - they would be doubly crucified, by both the media and the opposition. In fact Rudd is getting attacked right now for having a go at alcohol abuse, even though these same attackers, who want access to alcohol left untouched, would scream blue murder if he went soft on pot.

I guess hypocrisy wins.

9. zhimm

zhimm Junior Member

Hypocrisy is the proof that their entire "war" is built on a foundation of lies. The first victim of any war IS truth.

ANY substance from nature or the pharmaceuticals can be "abused". It is human nature that some folk will succumb to overindugence to most anything. This sort of behavior is a medical problem, and not a "law enforcement" problem. Our lack of objection to this policy to the "authorities" has resulted in them claiming "jurisdiction" in this situation. Of course, they use it to build their "kingdom" as mentioned in the previous post. The only legitimate claim that "authorities" have in this situation is if the "drug" use results in a tangible injury to others... in other words, the "user" has criminally trespassed someone. We already have all the laws needed on the books to take care of that. It really is immaterial if the offender was on "drugs" or not. If you have trespassed, then you are an offender, and need to make restitution.

If a person TRULY has a medical problem with "abuse", they need unfettered access to the medical profession, not policemen smashing their way into their homes, stealing their belongings, and jailing (or killing) them.

10. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

I think there is evidence that MJ
    1. Adversely affects the growing adolescent brain
    2. Inhaling smoke of any kind is not good
    3. prohibition leads to corruption of our police and other law enforcement
    4 MJ parties are boring

After that I don't see much harm and a lot of good medicinally
    It seems no worse, and perhaps better, than alcohol

There are thousands of web discussions on this issue
    Here is one
    https://hypography.com/forums/medical-sc ... icine.html
    With some very sad stories of ill people who cannot get access to the herb (Although that is slowly changing in the Staes -USA)

BTW Where do I get seeds?

11. Ojo

Ojo Junior Member

12. ho-hum

ho-hum New Member

Hi All,

Maybe, we should develop a permaculture standpoint/policy on MJ.

All current arguments aside. What do we really want?

If you are into permaculture and self-sufficiency. Let's sort out what we really wish to to have, by way of access, to this quite remarkable plant.

What part of the MJ process are you really interested in, and why?

cheers,

ho-hum

13. Ojo

Ojo Junior Member

It would save alot of trees
    https://www.google.com/search?q=hemp+bui ... hl=en&sa=2
    “You can grow enough hemp for a house on one hectare in four months

And at the end of the building’s life she suggests you can fertilse your garden with the refuse or break the material down and reconstitute it into a new wall.
    https://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/04 ... tralia.php

and it's good, safe medicine

"There is one overriding danger to today's average marijuana consumer. It isn't brain damage, it isn't lung cancer, it isn't going crazy and shooting every thing that moves. No, the largest danger is the fact that, if they are caught, they will be arrested.

Marijuana is illegal for one simple reason: marijuana is illegal. Currently, it is considered by many health officials to be one of the safest therapudic substances known to man. In a nationwide survey of cancer therapists, 50 percent of them said they would prescribe marijuana if it were legal, while 44 percent admitted they did recommend marijuana to patients. Francis L. Young, the administrative judge for the Drug Enforcement Agency, said "Marijuana, in its natural form, is one of the safest therapeudically active substances known to man."
    excerpt
    https://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/mjleg1.htm

14. Michaelangelica

this is an interesting newsletter to subscribe to.
    Among other things it shows the corruption drugs are causing to all our democratic institutions courts police etc
    subscriptiion is free
    Also
    This may be of interest (some science)
    https://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=9586&page=R6
    There are thousands of WWW sites showing how (relativly) harmless MJ is.
    But feral, Yank, Christian religions promote the offensive against it. God (?) knows why.

15. ho-hum

ho-hum New Member

Just to revisit this topic.

I have long held views as the value of MJ to society and it has generally conflicted with the law. I say this as a permie.

I have just recently considered that if MJ was let loose on society that most of the current smokers would not be interested. It has been a while since I was around 'real' dope smokers but even then they happily discriminated against 'bush weed' and 'hydo'. This hydro was mostly sourced in Adelaide which is near 3000km south of me.

Maybe govts can now be secure enough to allow marijuana back into society for those that wish to explore, develop and employ this useful plant, knowing that dope smokers [THC chasers] have now moved on to bigger and better hits.

More recently I have seen the advent of many wine connoisseurs who rave about all things wine but will do two things. Firstly, decry the fact that the alcohol content does not 'maketh the wine'. Secondly, those same folk wont drink non-alcoholic wine because of the flavour. I like to cook and use wine then so I mostly use non-alcoholic wine for that as most chefs will tell you to basically 'boil off the alcohol'... fine by me.

I do believe in the current 'market' that neither wine connisseurs nor dope smokers will settle for a low THC option or a low alcohol wine.

Just my thoughts and I will bring it up at my next political function.

Lastly, I support the use of medical marijuana. Can someone tell me if the beneficial effects are tied to the THC content??

cheers,

16. Ojo

Ojo Junior Member

Medical growers are getting pretty knowledgable about cannabinoids and the strains that contain the desired effects, THC is just one cannabinoid. They have strains that don't make you too sleepy, more energetic effects, they all make you hungry as far as I can tell. Here's some cannabinoid info,
    https://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/mj028.htm

I think this is available in Canada and some countries,
    sativex
    https://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle-old ... ivex.shtml
    it's not cheap and some say it doesn't give the desired effect.

for people that are worried about smoking they have vaporizers that don't combust the material.

17. zhimm

zhimm Junior Member

Ho-hum,

You wrote:

The answer to your question is a definite yes. Please watch this video that I have posted earlier in this thread for more specific information. I am assuming that you are able to stream this video with your internet connection.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pjhT9282-Tw

18. ho-hum

ho-hum New Member

I am glad we all agree. Now plant 300 sq ft of useful plants and one dope plant in the corner. Guess what? I doubt you will be caught, hunted or even chastised. I have done this on a number of occasions and had numerous visitors.

I have never been charged or convicted, nor did I ever try to sell it or process it. I am done with growing MJ now, it was a youthful experiment to understand this plants environmental abilities. It certainly was prolific but it is not the only plant on earth with superior qualities. Sadly, it happens to be one of the few plants on earth you can either sell or poke thru a bong.

What I really wanna do is have an honest discussion about MJ with a carrot/biodiesel/herb grower and have them tell me about it's unique properties...

cheers,

19. Michaelangelica

https://www.abc.net.au/rural/content/2008/s2570413.htm
    [​IMG]
    MJ growers no drooling please
    [​IMG]

meanwhile in Australia we can't grow medicinal marijuana because the yanks threaten to go feral on us with all sorts of trade and other sanctions if we do. meanwhile they quietly do this
    https://cannabisnews.com/news/23/thread23154.shtml
    https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5014470/
    https://thefreshscent.com/category/medical-marijuana/
    https://www.saveberniesfarm.com/medical_ ... posal.html
    https://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =103276152
    Perhaps the Yanks are sick of sending all their money to Canada
    https://www.medicalmarihuana.ca/flinflonphotos.html
    it is Canada's biggest export to the USA. No wonder there is global warming with all those Canadian hydroponic systems chugging away!:)
    [​IMG]

20. raincrow

raincrow Junior Member

Re:

Is this it?
    https://www.crrh.org/hemptv/misc_billion.html