Hello from Atlanta, Georgia!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by John "aspire123.com" Oden, May 27, 2017.

1. John "aspire123.com" Oden

John "aspire123.com" Oden New Member

Media and Real Estate
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Now humid temperate. From arid temperate.
    Hi ya'll! I'm currently living in Atlanta testing various permaculture designs and trying to get the word out about permaculture via my media company, Aspire. I recently wrote an intro to Permaculture article on my site, and I'd really appreciate feedback about it.

We've created an interesting aquaponics design called microponics, which might be the most space efficient aquaponics design for small spaces such as apartments. We also created an example project using the microponics design, which was a twelve square foot garden we're calling the Urban Food Wall. We'd love your thoughts about this design and the example garden as well!

In closing, we're really hoping that our company can help move Permaculture towards wide-scale, world-wide adoption. We're excited about that mission and excited to connect with each of you!

chamni likes this.
  2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Hi John and welcome,
    Great website ... I like what you're doing with microponics and urban design. Can you grow year-round in Atlanta?

3. John "aspire123.com" Oden

John "aspire123.com" Oden New Member

Media and Real Estate
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Now humid temperate. From arid temperate.
    Thanks Bill! We're a bit north of the semi-tropical zones, so it does freeze here but it's not too bad. Inside of a greenhouse we get great productivity all year. The winters do get cold enough so that trees requiring a freeze, like peaces and apples, can thrive here as well. Overall it's a pretty great spot from an ecosystems perspective! Lots of rain. That's very helpful too