1. Rhema Homestead

Rhema Homestead New Member

Climate:
    Temperate - USDA 6A - Indianapolis
    Hello!
    I'm having trouble getting started with the garden plan.

I'm in the process of designing and implementing an organic permaculture site in my new suburban backyard. The only component I have time / resources to focus on this spring is fruit / vegetable / culinary & holistic herb production.

My goal for this season is to have my beds in and do a fairly massive plant. Perennials and annuals that seed themselves are less important to me THIS year. I am hoping to get enough production to make a small group of test products by the end of the season. Canned goods, holistic medicines, etc. This house will be our Urban Hub, that should get us the funding for a larger scale rural operation in which my wife and I will be settling initially.

My team will be working on all of the branding, packaging, and business infrastructure necessary in the mean time until I am able to produce raw materials. That's where you all come in!

I want as large of a variety as I can have, with those varieties fruiting at various times throughout the season, with the best possible guilding I can create. I have endless existing trellis and mulch, I just don't know where to start...

Any direction or help here, or just sharing your experience how you were able to formulate your plan is much appreciated!

Thank you all, and I look forward to being a help as well as absorbing the knowledge you all have graciously offered!

Curtis,
    Rhema Homestead

P.S. It may be helpful to know that I intend to add rabbit / quail / aquaponics pond, if there are things I can do or plant to start preparing for their arrival in this stage of design.