Eco's Lodge

Discussion in 'Members' Systems' started by eco4560, Sep 8, 2010.

1. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Permasculptor I was the one in the red shirt. :p Didn't see you. Only face I recognised was Karen McElroy. I wasn't in a very social mood (had gone hoping to yell at Clive Palmer…) so I headed home as soon as it was over.

No Helen I was behind the camera. I made the photo small so I can post more photos before I get told I can't post anymore! It's on the National Climate Change Action Day feed on FB though at full size.

I hid during history. I hated it with a passion and only did the one compulsory year before moving on to more interesting things. Like science where we got to learn how to make stuff go BOOM in the lab.

2. permasculptor

permasculptor Junior Member

I was taking a photo from the opposite side to you when they all held the signs up,then we headed off to the park for the kids to play and talked to Karen there.

3. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Sadly I have abandoned facebook :(
    And history, honey child, far from being loathsome, is about many people who have made many things go BOOM, & the consequences of those BOOMS. Fascinating stuff :)

4. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Sure - but getting to be the one making stuff go BOOM is more fun than reading about other people who did it once a long time ago...

5. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

I guess it is :)

6. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

7. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Good grief.
    I'm sitting here thinking ... "Well I'd have a crack if I could *see* it honey."
    And then I realised maybe if I clicked the different coloured writing ... it might appear :) Ain't technology grand? :)

I used to have one of those. I think it was called "Ballerina". I'll see if I can google it.

I have a thing about down pipes. I hate them. They're hideously ugly. I have no idea why something as innocent as a downpipe invokes such a strong reaction - but there you have it :) So it was wonderful to see someone else agrees with me that they are not a design feature & should be painted the same colour as the wall behind them, not a contrasting colour. :) Top marks for aesthetics, & thank you for listening to my whinge about nothing of importance :)

8. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Well I'll be damned ... I thought it was an Australian Native ...

It's Wydler's Dancing-lady Orchid (Oncidium
    altissimum)
    Its from Jamaica.​

https://www.learn2grow.com/plants/oncidium-altissimum/
    One of the plants brought to England by Captain Bligh, Wydler's dancing lady orchid bears a gigantic branched stem laden with hundreds of glossy yellow blooms mottled with olive and sienna. A tender epiphyte from hot, humid lowland forests across the Lesser Antilles in the eastern Caribbean Sea, it is most commonly found growing on palms and other tropical trees.

9. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

From the photo, it looks like you have it growing in the ground?

10. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Thank you! I thought it was a native too. Yes it's in the ground - in a dry spot amongst rocks under a tree at the front of the chook run. And apparently happy as it has flowered well every year since I put it in.

11. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

12. briansworms

briansworms Junior Member

I have a heap of that orchid. Soon as it stops flowering I will break it up. It thrives on neglect. Eco love the worm farm lol

13. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

$40! Mine is almost that big… Between worms, woodies and dancing ladies Brian, you may never need to drive the truck again!

14. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

I thought that was amazingly cheap! If I'd been close I would have bought it in a second :)

15. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Senior Member

I love my $4 ones even more now