Anyone around Kempsey or Macleay Valley into PC

Discussion in 'General chat' started by openeyes, Jun 18, 2008.

1. openeyes

openeyes Junior Member

IT Consultant
    Climate:
    Temperate
    Hi,

Just wondering if there are many permaculture people around the Kempsey or Macleay valley region into Permaculture.

My wife (Kerry) and I are looking at buying some land there and would like to hear from anyone from that region about climate, soil types, frost, wind issues and the last few years rainfall stats. I have some data from Kempsey but we are looking at land up the valley (say 30 min drive).

And of course it would be great to connect with local people - perhaps there is a permaculture group there or maybe there are people interested in starting one - any starters?

We have been interested in organics for many years now but I have just recently done a PDC which was fantastic. Would like to setup a place where we could hold PDC courses locally.

Please let me know if there is anyone out there and if you might be interested in starting a local PC group.

Kindest Regards,
    Ross Cuthbertson

2. susann

susann Junior Member

Re: Anyone around Kempsey or Macleay Valley into PC

Hi Ross, there was a post recently about land shares for sale in a co-op in the Kempsey area. I had a chat with Marcus, the guy selling the shares at the time. This land co-op could be a good local source of information for you - they have been there 8 years (?) and permaculturally inclined. I guess you could try calling marcus and see if he has a contact number you could use?

https://forums.permaculture.org.au/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7375

Also, I use weatherzone for basic climate/rain stats - here is a link(I put kempsey in for you): https://www.weatherzone.com.au/climate/station.jsp?lt=site&lc=59017 Guess you could try some of the towns near where you are thinking of buying and see if you get any results?

All the best with your plans.

Cheers, S.

3. Mark Ellis

Mark Ellis New Member

Climate:
    Sub tropical
    Many years after you posted I am responding wondering if you made the move to kempsey