A Tesla power wall on my wall?

Discussion in 'Designing, building, making and powering your life' started by Caribean, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Caribean

Caribean New Member

Medical Herbalist/Natural Beekeeper/Psychologist
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Zone 11A, Arid, Subtropical, 7-42C, Mediterranean
    Looking forward to build a permaculture house on my land in Greece, I am very enthousiastic about the Tesla solar roof tiles and the companion Tesla power wall, which looks nice. But, is that power box good for my body? I mean, I read on Tesla.com that the Voltage in the box is 350-450 V, so I wonder...where should I put that box on my wall...and even on the outside wall of my house, will it influence my blood and my cells? Or is choosing for batteries placed further from the house better for my body?

In 2010 I took a course in Chicago, where I looked at my living blood under an electron microscope after I yes and no had been sitting behind the pc working with internet radiation/mobile radiation. My blood looked less good, more strange activity, more sick, after radiation.

I do not want high voltage cables over my garden or nearby, so I choose for solar energy. But is the placement of my power box (my batteries) important and in what manner? And what about the thick electricity cable coming from it (through the air, under the ground)? And maybe those Voltages on the roof are not that healthy for me either?

2. BajaJohn

BajaJohn Member

Climate:
    Hot desert/coastal
    Looks like you answered my question about being off-grid.
    There are loads of solar power options. A good resource is the forum hosted by Northen Arizona Wind and Sun. They have many real experts p o sting on the forum. The website will also give you pricing for the components you will need. You can buy Trojan J200 (2.4kWh) batteries for $420, costing under $3,000 for the 14kWh equivalent Tesla battery although they probably wouldn't last as long. Standard systems also use lower voltages, and are well proven relative to Tesla. You could also start off much smaller. The Tesla system is designed for a full day of backup power for an average house. I survived quite happily for 10 years with a 5kWh system - and that included power for an RO desalination for fresh water. About 500 watts of solar panels, 2 Morningstar charge controllers ans a couple of 8d deep cycle batteries. A 1500 W inverter gave me all of the AC I needed and I had a Honda 2000 generator as a backup that I don't recall ever needing.
    You should also look at the winds in your location. There are good commercial wind generators available at reasonable prices and these can fill in the days you don't get solar power. I have an Air-X generator but low winds make it of marginal use for me most days.

Caribean likes this.
  3. Caribean

Caribean New Member

Medical Herbalist/Natural Beekeeper/Psychologist
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Zone 11A, Arid, Subtropical, 7-42C, Mediterranean
    Thanks BajaJohn. I dont live in the USA, so prices are not always the same, but for sure I will look at the forum you mentioned. Shipping the Tesla power wall will also cost 3.500 dollar at least, so other alternatives can be cheaper. On Crete there is sun also in winter, often more then 5 hours. In summer I can think of solar cooking and for the generator I keep a solar generator in mind.
    https://forum.solar-electric.com/categorie

4. sophiewilson0191

sophiewilson0191 New Member

Climate:
    Tropical
  5. songbird

songbird Senior Member

gardening, reading, etc
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    -15C-35C, 10cm rain/mo, clay, full sun, K-G Dfa=x=Dfb
    it is hard to say from the article.

is your local source of electricity very expensive? or non-existant?

i think for many people they can get a better/quicker return on setting up a much
    smaller system which includes a solar hot water and doesn't grid tie. on days
    when it is too cold or you don't need the hot water you can use the extra electricity
    to run a few lights and small appliances. only a small battery backup or none at
    all needed. this pays for itself more quickly and avoids using a lot of electricity for
    hot water and can also supplement heating at times.

6. Rhino

Rhino New Member

RN
    Climate:
    Temperate, 35ยบ latitude