Russia Warns Obama: Global War Over “Bee Apocalypse” Coming Soon

Discussion in 'News from around the damp planet' started by matto, May 27, 2013.

1. matto

matto Junior Member

The shocking minutes relating to President Putin’s meeting this past week with US Secretary of State John Kerry reveal the Russian leaders “extreme outrage” over the Obama regimes continued protection of global seed and plant bio-genetic giants Syngenta and Monsanto in the face of a growing “bee apocalypse” that the Kremlin warns “will most certainly” lead to world war.
    According to these minutes, released in the Kremlin today by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment of the Russian Federation (MNRE), Putin was so incensed over the Obama regimes refusal to discuss this grave matter that he refused for three hours to even meet with Kerry, who had traveled to Moscow on a scheduled diplomatic mission, but then relented so as to not cause an even greater rift between these two nations.

At the center of this dispute between Russia and the US, this MNRE report says, is the “undisputed evidence” that a class of neuro-active insecticides chemically related to nicotine, known as neonicotinoids, are destroying our planets bee population, and which if left unchecked could destroy our world’s ability to grow enough food to feed its population.
    So grave has this situation become, the MNRE reports, the full European Commission (EC) this past week instituted a two-year precautionary ban (set to begin on 1 December 2013) on these “bee killing” pesticides following the lead of Switzerland, France, Italy, Russia, Slovenia and Ukraine, all of whom had previously banned these most dangerous of genetically altered organisms from being used on the continent.

Two of the most feared neonicotinoids being banned are Actara and Cruiser made by the Swiss global bio-tech seed and pesticide giant Syngenta AG which employs over 26,000 people in over 90 countries and ranks third in total global sales in the commercial agricultural seeds market.

https://www.eutimes.net/2013/05/russia-warns-obama-global-war-over-bee-apocalypse-coming-soon/

2. Unmutual

Unmutual Junior Member

As a product of the cold war era, I never thought I'd ever cheer Russia.

*Go Russia! It's Your Birthday! Go Russia! It's Your Birthday!*

3. Farside

Farside Junior Member

The US seems to becoming increasingly isolated on this front. Something is going to break soon...

4. Dzionik

Dzionik Junior Member

Hopefully Monsanto, Syngenta, DuPont...

5. annette

annette Junior Member

Russia seems to be counteracting on many fronts. Syria included (who is allied with Iran). There are no permanent friends in international politics only permanent interests.

6. Unmutual

Unmutual Junior Member

I'm having trouble finding this story at a "real" news source. Anything I do find is just a retelling of the same story.

7. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Snopes.com says it is a false article, but they got a lot of information wrong about bees, gmo's and the like. As usual, not sure who or what to believe, however I did share it on FB since it is an international problem which my government has no intellectual comprehension of what so ever.