Hello from India and UK! :) Joining the permaculture movement, better late than never!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by Ganesh Jagdale, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Ganesh Jagdale

Ganesh Jagdale New Member

Climate:
    Tropical (Monsoon)
    Dear Friends,

First of all a big THANK YOU for maintaining such a great forum and being part of the permaculture movement globally! I am Ganesh, currently based in London (Temporary Assignment!) but originally from India. I come from a small village in Satara district, State of Maharashtra where the climate is hot, tropical and everyone’s livelihood is farming which is heavily dependent on monsoons. I have been reading about permaculture a lot in these days after watching seedsofpermaculture documentary which has kind of changed my outlook towards life, for good!

This post is also THANK my parents who are not a tech savvy but who have been generous enough to give me a share of their land and some of their time to start a new project which helps!

In coming days, months and years - I’ll need your help, knowledge and wisdom to start a permaculture project in India which I want to dedicate to my grandfather with a hope to bring in positive change in society where people have long forgotten the value of natural resources and good climate on this planet.

I am very optimistic that together WE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD! LET’S DO IT!

Thank you,

Ganesh

HeidiEmbrey and 9anda1f like this.
  2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Welcome Ganesh, looking forward to reading about your project as it unfolds!

3. HeidiEmbrey

HeidiEmbrey New Member

Climate:
    SubTropical, Sand, Zone 9 a/b
    Hi Ganesh. My first real introduction to permaculture was a video as well ..In Danger of Falling Food with Bill Mollison.
    Permaculture is for the lazy gardener, let nature do all the work. I always match plants to place, I don't grow plants that don't like my soil and climate. And if pests are killing something off I just grow something else. We have edibles from our zones from all over the world to choose from these days, why destroy the planet to grow one that isn't meant for our area right? Spirals, swales, terracing, sheet mulch, polyculture, the 7 layers of a forest model, and chop and drop, have been invaluable to me, as well as researching the native habits of each plant I want to grow. Just keep the permaculture principles in mind when you design a project and you'll see how well and easily it works. Good luck with your forest farm!... We are doing it! :)