Dr Vandana Shiva opens her message for 2015, by touching on the triumphs of 2014, and offering her new year announcement of growing the seeds we sow, through hope, love, abundance and creativity in the year of Soil.
Dr Shiva goes on to explore her vision for the coming year that, the joint crises of climate change and biodiversity erosion can be solved by creating garden everywhere that are abundant in biodiversity, full of the celebration of life in well being and abundance.
For another video of Dr Shiva and Geoff Lawton, discussing how seed saving and permaculture are much aligned in keeping biodiversity, please click here.
Join the Global Movement for Seed Freedom to stop the corporate hijack of seeds:
• Join the Global Movement for Seed Freedom
• Sign the Declaration on Seed Freedom
• Subscribe to Seed Freedom News & Updates
• For Organisations/Movements/Associations:
– Fill the form at this link.
• Send us updates about your activities, e.g. links to your website/social media posts (photo albums, videos, articles, event reports, etc…). Email global.alliance (at) seedfreedom.info
Two documents that provide an in-depth understanding of the seed issue are:
• The Manifesto on the Future of Seeds (2004), available in several languages. Its principles were the basis to the Regional Law of Tuscany on Seed heritage that same year.
• The GMO Emperor has no Clothes: false promises, failed technologies – published by Navdanya International together with an alliance of citizens movements.