Permaculture Goes to the White House… With Your Vote!
I’ve got some incredible news to share with you! The permaculture initiative that I facilitate at the University of Massachusetts Amherst (USA) has been selected by the White House as a finalist for the Campus Champions of Change Challenge award! This means we are in the final round and the general public is now voting for which teams will get a trip to the White House (judges selected 15 projects from more than 1000 applications!) The top 5 winners also get featured on a television program called ‘The Deans List’ on MTV.
Imagine the potential this has! This is by far the most important thing that I can be doing for the world right now — I truly feel that in my heart.
We have only 1 week to tally as many votes as we can – voting ends Saturday, March 3 at 11:59PM est (New York time!) Here’s a short description about the student group that I oversee, and how to vote:
UMass Amherst Permaculture is a student group that educates the University of Massachusetts Amherst campus and the local community about ecological permaculture solutions by demonstrating edible perennial landscapes that are highly productive, low maintenance, environmentally sustainable, and socially responsible!
How to vote, and sharing the link with others!:
- Simply click the link below and vote (all 3 of your votes!) for "UMASS Amherst Permaculture Initiative"!
- Share the ‘example text’ below on your Facebook wall / Twitter feed so others in your network will also vote!
- Post this message to Facebook groups and other online networks that you belong to!
- Forward a link to this post to your friends, family, listservs, etc! Ask them to vote and share it with others as well.
- Keep checking back, sharing this on Facebook during the next week, and keep the momentum high!
Facebook/Twitter example text with link!:
Please vote to bring permaculture to the White House and to millions of individuals! We need your help more than ever!
In summary, I feel that this is such an amazing opportunity to bring huge amounts of positive light to permaculture on the international stage — to further promote the environmentally and socially-just food system and world that we all want to see, and showing it to literally millions and millions of individuals! Thank you so so much, everyone. We could be at the White House on March 15 with your help!