The Permaculture Chatroom

Discussion in 'General chat' started by Tezza, Dec 29, 2007.

?

The Permaculture Chatroom

1. Lots would love to use it more

100.0%
  2. No interest at all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. kimbo.parker

kimbo.parker Junior Member

this stupid electoral system

the green senate paper was easy - number the boxes 1 to 11

but that white paper - number the boxes 1 to 62 is unmanageable - too cumbersome,,,forget where you are up to and have to go searching for the last number type of thing....

it forces errors, it results in too many invalid votes, from diligent folk who want to control things a bit more than using the other option - the only other option- of putting a one in one box and trusting the 'party' to preference along your preferred lines!!!-

which is fkn outlandish because i wouldn't trust the bastards to guess my weight.

so one is forced to number the boxes one to sixty two - the bloody form does not fit the width of the cardboard voting booth and i was that close to just spreading it out on the floor,,,but the people here already think i'm a case and i don't like to feed the fire some days, like today....when i'm forced into a participatory democracy, where a devilish preference system reduces my involvement, ,,,

or numbering every box, has me in there for ages stuffing up my form, starting again, stuffing up again and so on an so forth.

it is time for this stuff to have a simple online version, where you can take your time, it's easy and when it is to your satisfaction - click on send vote.

i would take this opportunity to be the first to apologise to the world...if the pundits are correct, we are about to introduce a new level of dumb into the international political arena.

any bets on when West Sydney will secede to become australias closest Muslim country?.

2. mouseinthehouse

mouseinthehouse Junior Member

Oh come on kimbo, I actually had a moment or two labouring over the 1-73 preferences on my white paper tablecloth trying my darnedest to get some teeny tiny bit of satisfaction out of voting for any one else bar the Liberals in a safe Liberal seat. Got hard to figure when it came down the line to One Nation, Clive Palmer's mob and the shooters/psychos and Stop the Greens et al.

3. annette

annette Junior Member

There were 82 senate candidates in Queensland. I numbered every single one of them. I don't know I have a problem with how to vote cards. Prefer to make up my own mind where I want preferences to go.

4. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

I too numbered all 82 boxes with care. It really is only 10 minutes out of my life every 4 years but gives me as much choice as I can scratch out of this system. Now to sit back and be miserable about the outcome.....

5. kimbo.parker

82!
    so it's true - one has more choice in queensland.!

i need one of those little counter thingys that i can click with each vote such that i can track where i'm at....but then i'd need two,,,one that counts backwards and one that counts forwards.

i know who i like and i know who i hate - it is the mob in the middle that causes confusion.

i put number sixty two first ( the last ) i look for them and smote them with last position - i do that first.
    then i look for a good guy to give a one, but end up finding more arseholes needing big numbers....and i loose track.....with my two counters idea, i'd know where i was and what numbers i had left.

i do not hang around when i'm done - i note who is hanging around though, groups of liberal voters....bloody neros.
    i scurry off hardly waxing in the democratic process.

if the greens,,,,if the pot party and sex party,,,,nah, no point in even entertaining the dream....abbot and bishop....oh god.

6. annette

annette Junior Member

Yeah me too Eco. A few shiraz to cry into will help me I think! I think it will be over by 7 o'clock for the house of reps. The senate may be a little different.

7. annette

annette Junior Member

I just have to relay this and I think it says it all. When I went to the polling station I wore my outrageously colourful pants, pink, purple, orange, and green circles with amazing swirls and twirls all over. The greens and labor approached me but the libs/nat just looked at me and didn't offer a how to vote card. hhhhhmmmmmmm. A bit judgemental I thought and they are going to govern for all Australians (except those that wear colourful pants of course).

8. kimbo.parker

so i consulted with the oracle before i went to vote;

Saturday, September 7, 2013
    By Rick Levine
    You are eager to share the magic of bold fantasies in the midst of difficult times, and today can be uplifting as long as you don't completely buy into your own illusions or the illusions of others. You are wrestling these days with complex circumstances and you may feel the need to make major decisions. Keep your mind on the big picture so you don't get confused about which thoughts are your own and which are coming from someone else.

*unbloodycany eh?

9. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

Uncanny kimbo, but was it unhelpful?

How many people do you think would vote if it was non-compulsory...

I'll be interested to hear the informal vote count this election.

10. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

You have hit the nail on the head.

I read a blog today about white privilege that relates being white and middle class to being like Nemo. You can live in the anemone and not get stung because you and the anemone evolved to meet each others needs. You think that anyone who can't live in the anemone must be dangerous and should be regarded with suspicion. It's a great analogy.

I'm praying that we hit a double dissolution before 100 days passes.....

11. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

The 1715 candidates, their mums and the hangers-on that they promised a free feed to at the end of the day.

And all the people with higher IQ that vote Green.

12. Benjy136

Benjy136 Junior Member

Boy! This is an old site. Kinda musty in here, but I want to leave space on our 200th page and, at the same express my disappointment in our Huge Farmers Market where Willie and I decided to go yesterday while it is still fresh in my mind.

I'm not sure how many acres are stretched out for the site, but you could probably fit a good sized State Fair in the area. A good many of the local "big" garms have large refrigerated units and storage places there and there are many covered areas where many different vegies are stacked in baskets and crates. The most abundant product was the almighty Watermellon. Next were the tomatoes and then canteloupes, cukes, corn, eggplant, onions, etc. I expected to find a good deal of "Local" vegies grown by locals, but most of the crops were carted in from elsewhere. The only "organic" food there was one hand of bananas from honduras. There was no section dedicated to "Certified Organic" on the lot.

We were disapointed to say the least. We'll do some checking to see if Wednesday was just a poor day for the market. That's all I had say.

Benjy136

13. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Gee that's sad...

14. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

good to see the old "CHATROOM" still muddling along

Just like me Still....

Tho a few of the older Members have gone Quite

15. songbird

songbird Senior Member

gardening, reading, etc
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    -15C-35C, 10cm rain/mo, clay, full sun, K-G Dfa=x=Dfb
    yep, it's gotten quiet, but the South Carolina thread is going strong most the time.

16. Cornonthecob

Cornonthecob Junior Member