Tal Ya Trays

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by V8Vega, Dec 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. V8Vega

V8Vega Junior Member

9anda1f likes this.
  2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Hello V8Vega,
    the Tal-Ya trays look quite similar to the Growboxx. Although I have no experience with either of these devices, I can see the usefulness of the shade/mulch/water collection functions. If you get one, be sure to let us know how well it works for you.

3. Mike McLellan

Mike McLellan New Member

Climate:
    Semi arid mountain valley
    I use several dozen of them on fruit trees, shrubs and some nut trees. We are semi arid here on the lee side of the Northern Rocky Mountains in the Missouri River Valley Montana, USA. Pretty consistent dew most nights in summer, occasional thunderstorms, dry snow in winter . Precipitation averages 6-10 inches annually. I figure every .04 hundredths inch of rain collects into an inch of moisture going down the center hole. They are easy to set up. I would suggest using at least four landscape pins on the corners to keep them anchored against wind They do effectively shade out grass. At this point, I expect to use them at least four years.I have used them for two seasons and am pleased with the growth of my trees so far.

4. V8Vega

V8Vega Junior Member

I'm trying one out to start. It's on a wild plum with a tree tube. After watching the Pecan groves, I've decided to follow their lead & use tubes.