Hello from Belgium (Europe) !

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by Eco-Inge, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Eco-Inge

Eco-Inge New Member

Climate:
    Maritime temperate climate
    Hello everyone:),

My name is Inge, I'm 24 and I live in Belgium (Europe). I'm very happy to join the Permaculture community and I'm excited about my journey through the permaculture web ;-).
    This year I want to start my own permaculture garden. Currently I'm living in a small town that's highly populated, but my grandparents own a farm just two houses next from where I live. They own a piece of land right behind our garden and that's where I want to start a permaculture garden to grow organic vegetables.
    I don't have much spare time, but the last two years my brother-in-law already started a permaculture vegetable garden at the same piece of land. Besides that we also have two small green houses, so there's plenty enough space for vegetables to grow. This year I want to start with some simple things so I can easily combine it with a fulltime job.
    If anyone has any suggestions for a vegetable garden in a temperate maritime climate (type Cfb) I would be glad to hear them:).

I'll keep you updated!

Regards,
    Inge

2. Terra

Terra Moderator

Hello Inge
    Welcome to the forum
    Hmmm not much spare time
    Prime candidate for Linda Woodrows system
    She has a great little book called "The permaculture home garden"
    Best money you could spend ive been a full bore food gardener since I was 8yrs old and I learned plenty from her book

All based around time saving and packing as much production as possible into a small area
    She has used the same system scaled up into commercial

If you have plenty of space just spread it out a bit that's what I do
    I live in a temperate climate I recently shifted this place leans a bit towards arid / temperate

Lindas got a web site called the Witches kitchen she is a great out of the garden cook

3. Eco-Inge

Eco-Inge New Member

Climate:
    Maritime temperate climate
    Thank you Terra for the information!
    I just checked Linda Woodrows website and I certainly can get a lot of info for my garden en for recipies.
    And thank you for the extra tips, I'm already looking forward to start!