Learn how to present and teach Permaculture with world renowned educator Geoff Lawton. This 5-day intensive Teacher Training Course will equip you with the necessary skills and confidence required to teach Permaculture principles and strategies. Under the guidance of Geoff Lawton, who is one of the most effective Permaculture teachers in the world, you will become a versatile, engaging and effective educator.
Requirements: To attend this course, students must have completed a PDC.
This intensive 5-day course covers the philosophy and practical aspects of effective permaculture teaching by assisting you to develop a format and framework for teaching the curriculum, which is the extensive 72-hour transformative PDC course. This course is an engaging hands-on learning experience at the Permaculture Research Institute’s Zaytuna Farm.
- Who you are likely to be teaching, being granted the permission and authorization to teach and how that works in the permaculture movement.
- What makes an excellent PDC teacher?
- We address the different learning styles of students and how to evaluate the results of your teaching.
- We explain the different delivery methods for sharing permaculture philosophy and practice, including the use of body language and eye contact.
- How to make Permaculture analogies with the words that you use and how to implement interactive and proactive teaching.
- How to exert a positive influence on the class by utilizing the pain and pleasure anchors of information.
- The integration of storytelling in effective teaching.
- How to effectively use visual tools like board work.
- How to time your delivery as well as the length of your classes.
- We place special emphasis on learning techniques for specific PDC course subject areas that must be understood by students.
- What are effective PDC course structures; the preparation of course material and curriculum; how to use particular references, photos, slide shows, power points, and IT backup.
- Site logistics; what you need on-site to make a course run well, how to set up booking systems for courses so you can enrol people efficiently and determining the cost of running a course with the appropriate course locations.
- You will be provided variations of permaculture course notes you can use and/or adapt to your own teaching style.
- Ongoing resources that can facilitate additional learning.
- How to find work as a permaculture teacher, how to work within teaching networks and how to learn what is available to you.
- You will also learn how to work as a co-teacher and to deal with shared teaching situations.
The course teaches you how to maximize people’s potential and how to reduce their insecurities.
Geoff Lawton will observe and critique your teaching style in order to bring out your teaching personality. This will help to make you comfortable with yourself as the teacher.
At the Permaculture Research Institute, we want to give people the confidence to become excellent teachers that are valuable to their communities and to the world. Our goal is to produce active students who themselves become teachers, consultants, and designers. We have achieved this in the past with some of the most active Permaculture students in the world and as a result, many well-known Permaculture professionals have completed our teacher training course.
Through this course, students will have the opportunity to become part of the Permaculture Research Institute teachers’ network in Australia and around the world.
Permaculture teaching textbooks will be available for purchase on the farm.
ABOUT THE TEACHER
This course is taught under the supervision of Geoff Lawton and taught by Geoff Lawton and other PRI team members.
Geoff Lawton is the main facilitator for this PDC course. He is a Permaculture consultant, designer and teacher. He first took his Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) Course with Bill Mollison in 1983. He holds a Diploma in Permaculture Education, Design, Implementation, System Establishment, Administration and Community Development given by the founder of Permaculture, Bill Mollison.
Geoff has undertaken thousands of jobs teaching, consulting, designing, administrating and implementing, in 6 continents and close to 50 countries around the world. Clients have included private individuals, groups, communities, governments, aid organizations, non-government organisations and multinational companies.
He has currently educated over 15,000 students in Permaculture worldwide. These include graduates of the Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) Course and courses focused on the practical design of sustainable soil, water, plant, and legal and economic systems as well as teacher training, project management and aid work establishement.
ABOUT THE LOCATION
This course will be taught at Zaytuna Farm, home of The Permaculture Research Institute in The Channon, Northern NSW. As one of the leading Permaculture demonstration sites in the world, Zaytuna Farm has a range of functioning systems including water harvesting, food production, and a very productive animal husbandry. All of which will add to the learning experience and make this course a very rich experience and one not to be missed.
INCLUDED IN YOUR FEES
Your fees include camping accommodation (in self-provided tents), full catering with three meals per day plus morning and afternoon tea, after hours internet access, and an abundance of Permaculture examples throughout one of the most successful permaculture demonstration farms ever built.
WHY DO A COURSE WITH the Permaculture Research Institute?
We live what we teach
Zaytuna Farm is Geoff and Nadia’s home. Permaculture is their life. They are farmers, teachers, and designers who actively pursue positive change in this world within their everyday lives and they are willing and able to share that with you for a more resilient future.
World Class Teachers
Geoff Lawton is the foremost permaculture consultant, designer and teacher and founder of the Permaculture Research Institute of Australia. Our intern team are mentored and supported by Geoff throughout their internships and they live and teach alongside Geoff and Nadia at Zaytuna Farm. They are highly experienced, active and passionate individuals who are committed to a sustainable future for all.
Zaytuna Farm is a very active Permaculture demonstration site. It is at the forefront of Permaculture Design and as a student, you will have the unique experience of learning in a place where all the principles are there for you to see, every day of your course.
We support our graduates in a number of ways. We have developed the Global Permaculture Network. Here you will find an interactive database of permaculture practitioners, teachers, consultants and aid workers from all over the world. The potential for constructive networking here is enormous! Create regular updates on your own Worldwide Permaculture Network blog under your profile, to get noticed, receive friendship, encouragement, and tips.
One of Geoff’s favorite phrases is “getting a result” and his results on the ground and with students is impressive. The quality of a course is not evidenced in the teacher, but in how active the students are able to implement the designs after they leave the course and Geoff has the most active PDC students in the world.
Courses offered through the Permaculture Research Institute are based on the permaculture principles laid down in the 1970s by Australian permaculture founder Bill Mollison.
HOW TO ENROL
You can pay for your course now via Paypal or credit card by purchasing a ticket below, or you can contact us at [email protected]. All prices are in Australian dollars, including GST. An early bird discount is available if the course fee is paid 21 days prior to the course start date.
Prior to booking please read our refunds policy.
If you have any questions about this Design Course please contact us.
Please note: PRI recommends that all students and visitors to Zaytuna Farm have a valid tetanus immunization. This is due to Zaytuna Farm being an active farming site.