Project Positions — by Tagari September 8, 2009
Tagari Publications & The Permaculture Institute are seeking someone to fill the following role:
Desk Top Publishing and Book Designer
This position is all about creativity and the love of producing something of quality and value with Tagari Publications and the Permaculture Institute.
Sounds interesting? Well, if you love attention to detail and seeing your work through to completion then this may be the job for you. If you have great time management, computer program efficiency and a down-to-earth attitude this position will give you the opportunity to flex your already proficient skills and provide you the opportunity to further develop your talents.
Located in the beautiful hills of Sisters Creek, Tasmania, with a stunning backdrop of dams, hills and animals to admire, the location is only one part of this company’s offering. Tagari is home to the founding father of Permaculture and with that comes an exciting workplace with great stories and an office experience only a limited few have access to.
The work consists of laying up manuscript and images into books, booklets, advertising materials or magazines. Image and text management via electronic means is essential and you must unquestionably possess these skills. Book creation includes correct formatting of glossaries, references, indices, table of contents, title pages, imprint pages et al. An eye for detail and patience for doing a thorough job is mandatory.
Web site uploading experience would be helpful, but not required.
We have a very family-friendly work environment and encourage all age groups to apply.
To become a member of our team the following skills are required:
- MUST be proficient on the PC platform, Microsoft applications and Adobe applications including InDesign and Photoshop
- Great typing skills and the ability to read handwritten copy
- Time management
- Attention to detail and patience
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Work well under pressure and the ability to adapt to change
- Great telephone manner as well as excellent verbal and written skills
- Typing handwritten copy
- Liaising with author
- Scanning images from a variety of materials
- Sourcing suitable imagery
- Designing book/pamphlet layouts
- Digitizing already existing books
- Follow directions
- Be thorough
The successful applicant will be working two to three days per week at 31 Rulla Road, Sisters Creek, Tasmania (with the possibility of increasing to an extra day on certain weeks).
- Hours 9.00am to 4.30pm with half an hour for lunch
- Starting pay is $17.50 per hour for the first three months and then commensurate with experience.
- There is a three month probationary period.
- This is not a “work from home position”
An application must contain:
- your resume or CV
- a detailed cover letter
- samples of your work
Applications deficient in the above will be discarded.
Please send your application to sales (at) tagari.com
Thank you for interest. We look forward to hearing from you!Comments (0)
No Comments »
No comments yet.